Responsible for the day to day support of the Unisys mainframe systems for both test and production environments, as well as the core servicing application. Required skill set includes being detail-oriented and a skilled problem solver. Teamwork is a large part of the analyst position and communication skills are very important. An analyst needs to be able to identify problems and reviewing related information, evaluate and develop options and assist in implementing solutions.
- Resolve production problems by troubleshooting, resolving, or escalating problems
- Monitor production by observing the system
- Obtain core servicing application knowledge of updating, non-updating programs, dependencies, and card options.
- Respond to user requests.Research and escalate as needed.Ensure the user’s issue is resolved to their satisfaction.
- Analyze the performance of the system, peripherals, and disk space and present suggestions to the senior analysts for review.
- Ensure all daily, weekly, and monthly back-up, batch, and other critical processing is completed according to service levels and expectations.
- Create job programs, using the Unisys Workflow language, to manage files and program runs.
- Update run sheets as operational changes occur.
- Improve Unisys production environment by performing MCP system upgrades and applying Unisys interim corrections as needed.
- Perform Unisys Communication Management (COMS) configuration and maintenance to add/modify stations.
- Responsible to maintain the production and test system networking files
- Responsible to learn, develop, and maintain Unisys Enterprise Output Manager jobs for core servicing system output and print output.
- Ability to perform scheduling changes for both the production and test systems for queues and job scheduling application.
- Maintain the integrity of the Unisys DMSII databases.This includes the use of DBA Tools to monitor the databases and propose plans for the purge and garbage collect processes.These tasks are performed in coordination with the senior analysts.
- Maintain a proficient knowledge of operations, including both daily and nightly runs.Fill in operations as needed for vacation coverage.
- Operations call support for off-hours.
- Demonstrated analytical ability in most recent job experience.
- Ability to comprehend system processes and impact of process changes.
- Desire to challenge existing processes and analyze and develop solutions for process improvement.
- 1-2 years of recent Mainframe experience.
- Unisys systems experience and knowledge of CANDE/WFL a plus.
- experience with methods, practices, terminology, and procedures used in mainframe operations.
- Ability to read and interpret computer processing instructions and other detailed written and verbal operating instructions.
- Ability to meet deadlines and established schedules while following detailed instructions.
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate and interface, on a daily basis, with business and technical associates as required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment including the ability to develop/foster relationships, adjust to situations, and address the needs and concerns of users.
- Candidate must be dependable and timely arrival is imperative.
Third Federal is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, gender identification or sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected under law.Submit Resume