What information do I need to open a deposit account?
You'll need to provide the following information when opening an individual or a joint account:
- You will need a valid Driver's License, State ID or US Passport.
- A valid U.S. address and Social Security number are required.
- You must be at least 18 years old and a U.S. citizen or a U.S. resident alien.
- You will be required to provide personal information, including your birth date.
- If you choose to fund your new account via a transfer from another deposit account at another bank, you'll need to provide the routing number and account number of that deposit account.
You can open a savings account or CD on our website, by calling customer service at 1-800-THIRD FED (1-800-844-7333) or at a branch. However, checking accounts can only be opened at a Third Federal branch.